View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Drizzt1

vCash: 500
For me, it's weird. On paper, we have what I believe to be a better roster right now. In the standings, it just doesn't seem to compute?

I put that down to:-
+ Better and more improved opposition
+ I LIKE Sacco, but some of his lines / decision making is lets say interesting. Sgarbossa on the 3rd and 4th lines for example. PFFFFT.
+ Lack of chemistry
+ Injuries to key players every year !
+ Unbalanced squad maybe? Maybe a lack if skill? Maybe inexperience?

The positive is, that we DO have an improved roster, and I really believe we need:-
+ O'Reilly to return
+ An awesome Puck Moving defensemen
+ A true blue consistent goal scorer
+ Hejduk retires, and replaced by someone of his class and ability (but of a few years ago).
+ One of our rookie D-man, lets say Elliott to come in and excel.
+ Sgarbossa to excel.
+ Play some D-men that can bring energy, and passion/enthusiasm to the role (Gaunce for example)

Here's my example. I'll be crazy and use say Green, Semin & Hemsky

Semin - Stastny - Hemsky
Landeskog - Duchene - Parenteau
Sgarbossa - O'Reilly - Downie
Mcginn - Mitchell - Jones

Subban - Johnson
Elliott - Wilson
Gaunce - O'Byrne

Varlamov
Giguere

Now I know we couldn't get the above players, and they were used as excamples, but swap them out with whoever. How do you do that? I have no idea. That's what Sherman is supposed to do. I know this isn't EA's NHL13.

Put aside salaries for a minute. We need those extra three piece to be competitive. I'd actually like one of those new wingers on Stazz wings to be a power forward. Heck maybe a realistic trade could be one involving Penner. I think he'd suit this team much more than LA, who I think he struggles with.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote