View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 04:17 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLblue75 View Post
Lurking Leafs fan here.. I would have to assume that Kadri's emergence early on has (thankfully) lowered any chances of him being dealt. I also feel that Nonis will stick to the Reimer/Scrivens tandem for the time being. Scrivens has looked terrible, but Reimer has been solid so far.
This is actually a very one sided way of thinking. So Kadri is showing the kind of offensive potential that should be expected of his high draft position. Are you suggesting he would only be available from the Leafs if he was looking like a bust?

If he's looking like a 60-70 point player then that's exactly the type of guy Gillis should be after. This is Kadri's contract year anyways, so it's not like the Leafs are in a position to take advantage of competing with a productive ELC player in their top six.

Now if Kadri is someone that could be a franchise player then that's understandable. But the impression I'm more getting from Leaf fans is something like "OMG he's actually pretty good, we can't trade him now!"

Eventually Kadri's will grow older, his play/potential will level out, and your fans will start knit picking at whatever shortcomings he has. It happens to young players on every team. Does he really project to be a player that isn't worth trading a starting goalie for?