View Single Post
01-31-2013, 05:28 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Didn't Phoenix just have a game where 3000 people showed up?

Regardless - in a gate driven league, consistently selling 16000 higher priced tickets (small size arenas with bigger arenas coming) will always be better than maybe averaging 12,000 (at a significantly lower price).

If the NHL was dragging its feet in this instance, it was (IMO) to reduce the overall revenues of the league going into the last CBA bargaining.

I don't buy it that the league held onto Phoenix to get a better CBA, if Kansas city wanted a team they would have one I just don't see there being that big of demand for hockey there. Moving the team to an area that isn't suitable long term to try and make a little more money now is a ****** thing to do to the fans that are in that area just wait until QC is ready and move the team there.

The only market I can see as a possibility is Seattle as they are amaerican (but close to the boarder and could draw a large crowd) and they have a half decent areana but plans to build a new one but then when QC is ready there will be major pressure on teams like Florida and Dallas to move.

Forbes also thinks it will be Seattle

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 01-31-2013 at 05:35 PM.