View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Drizzt1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
A very important issue. If the Avs continue to be frugal this offseason, then we all know for sure.
Whilst my above post is what I would LOVE to occur, this is my honest feelings on what WILL happen will be:

We need to think much, much smaller, as it is more likely. Example (This is what I think we may do next season).

+ Sacco remains
+ We draft (we'll likely finish bottom 2-3) say Seth Jones for this example.
+ We re-sign O'reilly this season
+ Kobasew / O'Byrne isn't re-signed, and Hejduk retires
+ We remain firmly at minimal cap spend
+ IF Sgarbossa does well, we MIGHT move Stastny for a pick, or even to move up in the draft (reduces cap hit to floor)
+ I think the club will over rate Mitchell, and have him perched on our 3rd line, and he along with his line mates won't score
+ No-one will pick up the ridiculous contracts of Hejda, O'Brien or Hunwick, so we are stuck there
+ I think Barrie will flounder, and Elliott will get a chance and do well
+ I think Sacco will love Zanon, because he's an average player, like Sacco was in his years, and he'll start - Hunwick 7th D-man.

Team:-
Landeskog - Duchene - Pareanteau
Sgarbossa - O'Reilly - Downie
Mcginn - Mitchell - Jones
Mcleod - Olver - Bordeleau

Jones - Johnson
Wilson - Elliott
Hejda - Zanon

Varlamov
Giguere

This team, even with a reduced cap, would be close to the cap floor, which will make the Kroenke's happy. Sherman will still think he's doing an A-Class job, and we will continue to get very good, very high draft picks.

This scenario, is much, MUCH more likely

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote