View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 05:15 PM
Shockmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
The Penguins' powerplay desperately needs the symmetry a right hand shot can provide. If you disagree then replace Kessel or Sharpe with a guy like Hjalmarsson in my prior argument.

I never said Fleury was the problem. In fact, I said I thought he's been okay. He's not better than Vokoun. He's younger, but he's also more than twice as expensive.

There's no need to dump him for cap space, but if you take Fleury off the roster the team does not get worse or better come playoff time. He's not a core player in the sense that the Penguins cup hopes don't die if he breaks his leg on the last day of the regular season. He should be on the block if it brings back a long term solution for the top 6 forward or top 4 defense groups.
So lets see, you have a goalie that has been to two finals and won a cup, and you also consider the fact the Penguins don't want to wear out any of their goalies, and you think trading Fleury is a good idea?

I don't always agree with Shero, but I'm glad he doesn't take advice from the typical fans.

Shockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote