View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 05:30 PM
toughfighter83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I don't get the desire to fire Lavi. Is it him? Or the forwards? Or the defense?

Is it him? - He has shown in his career that if he has the talent, his teams will put pucks in the net.

Forwards? - Slumping. PK needs fixing. No preseason. A lot of youth. Again, beginning of the season and Lavi may find a way to fix this. Fire worthy? Certainly not yet.

Defense? - Too many of these statements about defense are based on the fallacy that defense has a lot to do with netminder performance. Bryz is posting .924 (Bryz stat) and 2.11 GAA (which is the true stat for defense). It would be a little concerned about allowing 28 shots against per game. That could come down.

If you wipe out Leighton's nonsense, the Flyers have allowed just 13 goals in 6 games.

Sky is fallllllllllllling.
call me crazy maybe it isnt lav, maybe it's how this roster is built that's on homer, this team doesnt have a big shot defensemen, im hoping luke schenn can provide more offense i dont know if he has or not, i havent seen him shoot enough, he's always passing, timms too, he's got to shoot more instead of passing.

also this team doesnt have a lindros/leclair sniper/playmaker forwards, this team has gotten smaller, which is more advantage on the defense opposition and alot harder to get to the net and screen the goalie.

if the flyers get a new gm, hopefully they will build this team on size and a sniper, we need more players that shoot more and less play makers. too many playmakers on this team, this team needs snipers.