View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Aerchon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Chasing a guy into the corner against a 6 on 4 powerplay, makes him largely responsible for the game going into overtime lastnight.
Noticed that myself. I am not sure if I'd call that chasing so much as pressuring. Which is exactly what the defender directly facing the puck carrier is supposed to do in an odd man situation.

What he failed to do IMO is get his stick in the lane of the pass to the middle. He should of been cheating to the front of the net because the pass behind the net was far less dangerous.

Still not something you can blame someone for. The pass made it out front to the one of the two extra opponents and picked off an easy goal.

It's 6 on 4. Not even strength. No one played that poorly.

EDIT: Spawn response: Whitney is far more to blame than Potter on those goals and most those goals were when the seoncd line was on as well. With all the defensive responcibility, or lack there of, as support for our bottom pairing.

Realisticly speaking no team is perfect. We wont end up with Suter & Weber for our bottom pairing. And when our bottom pairing and our second line is out we can expect most our goals against will happen then. As long as we win more than we lose I am not going to be shocked or upset that the top lines of opposing teams manage to score on our weakest line up. Especialy on odd man situations.

Last edited by Aerchon: 01-31-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Aerchon is offline   Reply With Quote