View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 06:31 PM
coladin

vCash: 500
I was at the game and was watching White as he got called...the moment he slammed that stick on the ice the ref immediately gave him the technical. He wasn't even looking at him. The ref was looking at him over his shoulder and was begging to give him one. Everybody yaps and will say stuff but you slam your stick on the ice you are asking for it. The refs made some bad calls and had Montreal's PP clicked this game could have been over after the 1st period. Personally, I thought the slashing call of Turris on Markov, the dreaded reaching one handed slap, was a joke that Markov sold well.

Budaj was great and had no chance on 3 of those goals. I think that Montreal has more toughness but anyone can throw them, I still think they lack team toughness. I think it is something that they will adapt by mid-season as Therrien likes his hockey tough but having Prust, White, etc...does not automatically make you tough. It is how the rest of the team plays as a unit that makes you tough to play against. Guys like Bourque, the rookies, Cole, these guys have to buy in to this new attitude and have it ingrained in your style. They are going in the right direction though.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote