View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 07:29 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
I dont think the solution is to trade for a center replacement.

We have guys like regin, zibanejad, and da costa who can take a shot at the second line while turris takes over the first.

We're not going to trade for a rental because we're still rebuilding and throwing away futures like that is stupid.

We're not trading for a long-term young center because he would be out of place as soon as spezza is back.

I think the best course of action, other than doing nothing and hoping someone steps up, is to trade for a young scoring winger. If we're going to give up the assets to add to our top six, it should be for someone who fits in our long-term plan, like turris did.
I'd agree with all this except I'd trade for a defenseman rather than a winger. We're deep everywhere and roll 4 lines at a high tempo. That's not going to change with Spezza out. My biggest concern is a brittle Gonchar having to play 25+ minutes regularly and Karlsson being forced into 30 minute games regularly. If we can roll 3 D pairings like we roll 4 lines, we should remain very competitive.