View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 08:32 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
I really don't think it's a win-win. If JVR hits his full potential / continues to score as he has early this year, you win the trade by a pretty large margin.

I'm not crapping on Schenn, he's a nice defenseman and undoubtedly will become a fan favorite due to his hitting (he'll be a stark contrast to JVR who was hated by many Flyers fans), but he's not a star player, he's not a #1 defenseman, while JVR does have star winger potential. He showed this same set of abilities last year prior to the injuries and I'm glad he appears healthy again and is doing it for you. I wish our GM had allowed him another year in Philly, but he had gone a couple months without a trade, so he had the itch and had to pull the trigger on something.
I don't think JVR has star potential. He has potential to be a pretty good winger. But with that said I still have to see JVR do it for a whole season before I start praising him. For every good stretch of games he had it usually was followed by bad stretch of games here.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote