View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 07:34 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I think flyers fans as a whole are used to having one of the best teams in the league all the time. In our recent history we have not had a team that was full of young guys who were part of our core team. When we had our "down" years recently we had a veteran team that just could not compete in the new NHL. We turned it around in one offseason and were instant competitors again. We took a bit longer of an approach by moving Carter and Richards for younger peices but I think it can work out. If we get a stud defensemen in this years draft in 2 or 3 years our defense could look like

Stud d-man-Coburn
Schenn-Grossmann
Gustaffsson-Gostisbehere

While our offense develops into the powerhouse it could be. We may be in a Chicago scenario at that point with a bunch of guys ELC's expiring at the same time. But Chicago won the cup with that kind of roster.
yea. the way i'm reading a lot of really most of the stuff on all these threads are that people didn't really adjust their expectations after 2011. they just thought well we got a goalie now. time to win the cup. (not everybody) but it was never gonna happen like that even with pronger. we would definitely have been in a different place but simmonds, schenn, couturier, giroux and voracek were thrown together with no past experience to base any expectations off. the other thing is, and this is where i know most people think I'm an idiot, bryzgalov was signed that long not only to circumvent but because they planned on him playing at a high level until he is 39 40. we made a lot of crazy moves its time to ride it out for a while. woulda been nice to get weber tho.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote