Thread: Facts/Trivia
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 08:22 PM
Megahab

vCash: 500
Ya I knew that. I just meant that Monsoon took away Austin's guaranteed shot at Wrestlemania. That same night, he announced the Fatal Fourway match for the next PPV. Originally, the winner of the 4-way match would get the Wrestlemania title shot against the winner of the HBK vs. Sid title match. From what I remember, the HBK vs. Sid title match was scheduled for a special Thursday night edition of Raw. Not sure why they wouldn't just do it at the PPV.

But anyway, that Thursday night Raw featured the famous Shawn Michaels "lost my smile" promo and he vacated the title, so the match vs. Sid was cancelled. So the 4-way match at the PPV became a title match and the winner would defend the title against Sid the next night on Raw. Bret Hart won but lost to Sid the next night. They announced Undertaker as the #1 contender for Wrestlemania. I can't remember if they gave a reason for Taker being # 1 contender....maybe because he was the runnerup of the 4 way match. Probably the worst hyped Wrestlemania main event of all-time (either that or HHH vs. Jericho at WM 18).

Although, the Hart vs. Sid cage match the week before Wrestlemania is one of my favourite Raw main events ever. It was so unique for the Austin and Taker to be trying to help their rivals win the match.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote