01-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Clam and Tomato

vCash: 500

I LOVE ELMER! (no homo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
B]Minus[/B]

- Bylsma: I hate hate hate stretch passes. I'll make this simple because I ***** about it 24/7. The stretch pass makes sense when you do it here/there. Every single time and all it does is take our pressure off the game. They are standing around doing nothing. There is no speed in the neutral zone. We just throw the puck 90 feet and hope. It's the absolute worst. Bylsma is already giving up on coming out of the zone with speed.
The offense did look disjointed, but I think if you're going to make defense a plus, Bylsma deserves some credit on that front. I believe he coaches both aspects of the game.

Quote:
- Effort: The players did not play harder than they did against the Isles. The Rangers just matched our lack of intensity. Both teams deserved to lose. I'm so disappointed in our effort. There is no absurd determination to want to win. I blame part of it on our system which sort of makes us stand around. It's quite concerning to see the lack of effort on the ice.
It wasn't a balls-out affair, but we're making progress. The 50/50 battle level was much better this game, IMHO.

Quote:
+ Vokoun: He doesn't have the ceiling Fleury has, but he's so calm and cool back there. He also kills all rebounds. This is a move that you guys take for granted while you blast Shero. Could you imagine Brent Johnson being in net right now? Then we would have to overuse Fleury because we have no faith in Johny. Instead we have a guy who plays like a #1.

His calming influence also helps our defense relax. Less rebounds makes the job of a defender easy.
He's the anti-Fleury, in terms of composure. And PUCK-HANDLING. Perfect for this team.

I hope it'll spur MAF to reflection and self-improvement.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 01-31-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Removed offensive image
Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote