View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 09:00 PM
BamBamCam*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
notice that Dennis bolded the part that was simply not true. "in that order and everytime".

your statement at the guy who "thought Mario was the best and Wayne somehow made it down to 3 and telling us it was a consensuses" was well made, and you're much more correct than he is, but it was just incorrect to claim that was the accepted order by everyone.

If one was to summarize what most respectable observer's lists would look like, it would be this:

(Gretzky, Orr, Howe - in any order)
Lemieux
Yes, I totally agree with you. I was making a statement at that Mario homer not a overall statement, I should have clarified better. And if you see I amended what I truly think which is Orr can be anywhere from 1 to 3 with some lists having Howe at 2. However, any respectable list has to have Gretz at 1 or a very good argument making the claim Orr should be 1.

I have seen arguments for Orr at 1. Usually the people that believe Orr was the best are people that watched both players on the ice. Which makes it interesting to debate about.

As far as Mario goes, I have personally never seen him above 4 and I have seen him as low as 6 with players like Rocket Richard, Harvey or Beliveau ahead of him.

Is what it is I guess.

BamBamCam* is offline   Reply With Quote