View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 09:09 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Despres has to learn his limitations and remember that he's not playing against Junior players or AHL'ers. Like I said in the GDT, there's definite raw talent there, but you're not just going to play him 20 minutes a night yet either. Let's also remember why he was in position for a breakaway to begin with.

I wasn't excited about it, because you know my stance on our support staff on wing, but let's not look for things that weren't there either.
1. Despres is going to have to learn. It's the only way you develop the raw talent. Same way, for all his faults, Therrien got it right with Letang. All those rookie mistakes, and he kept getting put out there.

2. Whose talking about what wasn't there? The PP is a cluster****. There seemed to be a little less reliance on stretch passes, which admittedly isn't saying much, and what appeared to be a case where the center would come back a little deeper to try to present another outlet option. I say 'appeared' because calling it far from crisp would be polite. As I said, there's a long way to go from here, and it's tough to tell if they're now pointed in the right direction or if this was an uptick in an otherwise downward trend line (I'm not optimistic that it isn't the latter).

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote