View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 09:12 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Then you're remembering incorrectly. All I ever said was he was non-committal about Jamie Benn at center which surprised me.

When asked directly if Benn was staying at center, he said he could play any position ... meaning he was open for a switch if it was right for the team. That was surprising considering how well Benn had performed at center, and it was worth noting. We've agreed on this point from the beginning that Benn should stay at center barring some major moves acquiring new centers.

The only assumption is that Heika is correct that GMJN now views him strictly as a center which would be a change in heart based on a direct quote in May

My bad then. Maybe I blocked out what he was saying because I just never bought the notion that he would be moved back to the wing, at least not permanently. I still see his career going the way of Zetterberg in that regard. Zetterberg gets moved around from center to wing fairly often, it just depends on what is needed of him during a game and within a season.