Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 09:24 PM
STUTOMMIES

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
How has he done an amazing job? We have 12 players in the lineup per game! UNB has more players in the stands than STU does on the ice! As an alum its rather embarassing to watch the team play with less than a minor hockey team for 60 minutes of hockey. I was watching the Dalhousie/STU game on friday and it looked like we were sucking wind out there cause we had no bodies. That alone to me dosen't make a good recruiter. He's a great coach from what my maritime players tell me at RMC, but he failed in his first summer. Picking up Groenheyde to make games 4-1 instead of 10-1 dosen't make the difference.
You aren't close to the team so you really don't know.

Some of the answer is the coach's hands were tied. At the start of the season he had his school imposed limit. Remember, even though Matt E wasn't playing he was still part of the team, it was one less body. Leduc and Reich left at Xmas, Troy took responsibility but didn't want to bring in heavily recruited - in some cases so so players - guys to replace the same calibre and for what purpose? Beat DAL for 7th?

Again my opinion, but he is doing it the right way. What do u guys want?

It isn't going to happen overnight. Stay the course and stick to the plan. That is what he has to do. It isn't sexy but that is what is needed.