View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
The market wasn't all that great for Regehr. If I remember correctly, the Sharks, the other team interested, were only offering McGinn and some late picks. In hindsight, that still would have been a much better deal.

That being said, dumping Kotalik for a 2nd/Byron was absolutely terrible, but the blame lies more so with the ownership group, who weren't willing to eat Kotalik's salary. So even if Feaster wanted to take the Sharks deal, he couldn't because there was no way Wilson was going to take on that contract.

Oh wow that was pretty goal.
The market wasn`t great, but the Blues and Habs would of had interest as well so there would of been several offers if Feaster would of shopped him better. Why move him at all if the right deal wasn`t available.

The Sabres had no problem sending Kotalik to the minors and most people knew in Calgary if the AHL was Kotalik`s destination that he likely would of went overseas anyways so there was no need to trade a 2nd just to dump Kotalik.

We can both agree that it was a bad idea to package Kotalik with Regehr and as such it likely decimated Regehr`s trade value. I would of been way happier to see Regehr dealt for one quality piece rather than 2 mid level spare parts. I will never believe that was the best available deal out there. I think Feaster should of done of his homework better as to inform ownership there was no need to deal Kotalik.

All I gotta say is thank God JW is on board now.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote