View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 09:39 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthekknow View Post
Sorry. Defarious on the other hand is not ready for the O next year but has much more upside. Much better skater, reads ice very well and will get stronger. Has not developed as much as he could have being with same coach for a number of years. It actually has hurt him but with proper coaching at next level will propel him after a season in tier 2.
I agree Defarius is not quite ready. His skating is OHL ready, his size isnt quite there yet. As far as Defarius having much more upside than Schlichting, Im not so sure any Ohl Gm feels that way. Without gaining strength, dealing with big physical OHL forecheckers, defeating the cycle game will be a handful for him. For me the star on the Marlies D core is Jordan Maclean. Maclean shines behind the net and in the corners. Other areas to his game are raw, I like his potential for catching up to players in the future, who may appear to have more skill than him right now.

Schlichting looks like a future NHL player. His size is very appealing and Schlichting skates very well for a big man, has a bomb from the point. He plays a safe, calm game. His temperment and calmness reminds me of a certain Sun County Dman a few years ago.