View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 10:57 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Lars Eller has never had a fight in the NHL. Nor will he ever have a fight in the NHL.

That is not being a bad ass. Sorry.
Okay, cause you need to fight to be considered not soft ? Hmmhmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I could care less about the Sedins but I hate when internet tough guys who probably never even came close to taking an NHL hit in their life complain that everyone who doesn't fight or is better on the perimeter is soft. The Sedins take a ton of abuse and do not fear paying the price in the corner or in front of the net, they don't retaliate but it's as much for their team as anything else since they are the most lethal PP weapon in the league.

This is one of the thing that annoys me, claiming every other player in the NHL is soft for not being a massive brawler. Taking abuse constantly isn't being soft, it cheapens the term. Soft players are guys who fear contact. Kaberle is soft, post-2010 Cammalleri became soft, guys like Kyle Wellwood and Pominville are soft. Pat Kane and Kessel are soft but get away with it mostly.
Sedin's are softies. You know why? They take ANYTHING that goes after the whistle. That is what i'm refering to when I say they are soft. Remember that Thornton thing in front of the referee ? Any man who has some respect for himself would've atleast gave a little shove. If that's not being soft, I don't know what it is.