View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 09:58 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Who would you drop from the lineup assuming it was as healthy as last game's? I'm guessing Armstrong, White or Moen, which I can understand (it's not like I'm 100% against the idea of a Scott-type figure, I'd just rather not), but that line is actually pretty awesome for energy, defense and the occasional goal.
And that's the thing, I don't think anyone would be upset if we signed a Scott type player to a two way contract and played him against the Bruins.

I just think it's pathetic how insecure this fanbase has gotten that everything revolves around playing the Bruins in the regular season. John Scott isn't getting us to the playoffs, if our biggest need right now was a 14th forward who plays in two games, we'd be planning for the parade by now.

Our 4th line is playing great right now, hardly the biggest need. And I think we would all love to replace Kaberle with a big, stay at home defender, but there's no halfway decent options out there that wouldn't cut into the cap space, and we have Tinordi coming up in a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Sedin's are softies. You know why? They take ANYTHING that goes after the whistle. That is what i'm refering to when I say they are soft. Remember that Thornton thing in front of the referee ? Any man who has some respect for himself would've atleast gave a little shove. If that's not being soft, I don't know what it is.
To me, being soft means playing scared. The Sedins are basically robots, they just take abuse and act like nothing happens. To me that's impressive in it's own right, since they take a lot of a abuse and play through pain. I can see why it annoys people, I like players to show a little more emotion but if anything we've been hurt before when someone like Plekanec (another guy people around here call "soft" missing the point) does something stupid to retaliate.

If anything I blame Vancouver's over-dependency on their power play as much as I do the Sedins themselves, if that team isn't getting calls it just seems clueless at times.

Last edited by Et le But: 01-31-2013 at 10:05 PM.