View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 10:25 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
I'm not talking about when he's a UFA. I'm talking about over the next couple of seasons. If they see their organizational goalie depth and decide to flip Campbell to fill holes elsewhere, do they even get back value equal to that high of a pick?
I'm with LT ... why are we even talking about that? You do realize he can play backup to Kari Lehtonen in the NHL? They're not just going to give in after a couple of seasons (When the freaking dude wouldn't even 24 years old) and dump him. Schneider was just breaking into the NHL at that age.

It's pretty clear they think he can develop into a starter, and that means a slow path to the NHL. Look at Cory Schneider, and that's essentially the perfect scenario Dallas would want.

Schneider went pro a year after Campbell, and he wasn't in the NHL until he was 24 years old. He backed up Luongo two years ... and well ... he's sorta backing him up again but that's another conversation.

We all agree and realize that the developmental path of a goalie is entirely different than skaters, right? There's nothing shocking or wrong with a goalie not breaking into the NHL until his mid-20's. In fact, that's usually the prefect time. You have to have some patience.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote