View Single Post
01-31-2013, 11:37 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
It Stinks
vCash: 50
Good for Brian and good for the Islanders.

Still pisses me off we kept Lovejoy over Strait, but Strait wasn't going to be a Penguin after this season anyway (would have been eligible for Group VI free agency based on lack of games played at his age and he had no reason to re-sign in Pittsburgh) and I'm happy to see him get actually decent minutes to show what he can do in Long Island. He's got very limited upside, but he's such a sound player that it doesn't really matter...the guy was a guarantee to be a #6 defender in the league in my eyes.

Poor Bortuzzo...valued as the better of the two defenders...and all that gets him is an essential one-way ticket to the press box as the #8 defender.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote