View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cull909 View Post
And to think of how many were ready to deal Pleks, because we didn't need him any more with DD as the number 1. Laughable then, even more so now.
Really? The vast majority of the posters always considered Plekanec as a better player than Desharnais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
his timing seems off, like he always think he has more time and space than he actually has. it'll come back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thicke View Post
I agree with you. His brain is still playing on the big ice surface in Europe and his body is in N.A with a lot less time and space available to make plays. He's also playing now against the other team's best defensive lines and shutdown defensemen. When Pacioretty and Cole start drive the net harder, it should open up the middle for DD. He's really holding onto the stick too tightly but he'll come around.
Desharnais needs to play with speedy wingers who drive the net hard (not necessarily big guys btw) to open up the middle. Right now he is way too easily separated from the puck when entering the zone alongside the boards. Thus far, Cole looks slower but he usually needs a few games to get his game going.

Heck... while waiting for Pacioretty, I would be willing to try Moen or even Gallagher with Desharnais and Cole. I am not sure if Cole can play LW but I think Gallagher is ready to play against tougher competition.

That being mentioned, Eller – Desharnais – Cole spent most of the 3rd period in Ottawa’s zone during the last game so who knows... maybe Therrien should give this line another game!