Thread: Post-Game Talk: Hire a PP "Consultant"
View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 11:06 PM
NYRSchrute217

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
-Even though he got overpaid, this team misses Prust. Asham is a passable replacement, but he just doesn't quite have the fire Prust did when he played here.

-The Nash, Richards, Gaborik line needs to be broken up. We're becoming the mid 2000's Ottawa Senators. The parallels are eerie. Great first line, crap forward depth, solid defense and goalie, but never quite good enough to win it all. Distribute the wealth. The Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik line worked so well last season, why hasn't it been tried once yet 7 games in?

-Nash is a phenomonal talent, but god damn, he needs to learn how to use his teammates.

-Really liking Stralman's game lately. This defense would be absolutely deadly if we could pair him with Staal and put Del Zotto with Sauer if he was healthy. Hopefully McIlrath can step in next year and take Sauer's place and add that consistent snarl that Sauer gave us on the back end.
Good post, and agreed with these points. I think everyone's overreacting about Stepan. I'll attribute it to a slow start, but he really has been terrible.

We really need to find a way to beat Pittsburgh because odds are they will be an opponent in the playoffs.

Nash has been a beast and our best forward but it would be nice if he can put in some goals.

Also, stop these stupid ****ing penalties. If you're gonna take a penalty, don't let it be careless errors like too many men. I'm not panicking but for the first time I'm building up some frustration

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote