View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Northern Neighbour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I disagree most you win with skill some you win with grit, my main point is who would you add and take away?
You can disagree with me, but you haven't exactly proven your point that skill is the sole element that leads to wins. I showed evidence that the best teams in the league have skill, grit, and toughness.

And who could have the Flames added in the off-season? For starters, Daniel Winnik was one guy I was hoping the Flames would sign. I thought he was the type of 3rd/4th liner the team could use - tough, physical player with some skill and who is a very good penalty killer. I've always thought Winnik was undervalued by many.

Paul Gaustad would have been a great addition, although Nashville did overpay to re-sign him.

I've been a fan of Greg Zanon for a while. He's a gritty, bottom-pairing defenceman who could play in the top-4 if necessary. I'd take Zanon over Butler and Smith any day.

Zenon Konopka was another guy I was hoping the Flames would sign. He's a 4th-line centre, but he wins faceoffs, kills penalties, and is very physical. He would have been an ideal role player, and definitely an upgrade over any of the Flames' current 4th liners.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote