View Single Post
Old
01-31-2013, 11:22 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
You can disagree with me, but you haven't exactly proven your point that skill is the sole element that leads to wins. I showed evidence that the best teams in the league have skill, grit, and toughness.

And who could have the Flames added in the off-season? For starters, Daniel Winnik was one guy I was hoping the Flames would sign. I thought he was the type of 3rd/4th liner the team could use - tough, physical player with some skill and who is a very good penalty killer. I've always thought Winnik was undervalued by many.

Paul Gaustad would have been a great addition, although Nashville did overpay to re-sign him.

I've been a fan of Greg Zanon for a while. He's a gritty, bottom-pairing defenceman who could play in the top-4 if necessary. I'd take Zanon over Butler and Smith any day.

Zenon Konopka was another guy I was hoping the Flames would sign. He's a 4th-line centre, but he wins faceoffs, kills penalties, and is very physical. He would have been an ideal role player, and definitely an upgrade over any of the Flames' current 4th liners.
You gave an example of 1 team that is physical and is doing well so far, almost all teams that are successful with grit players have players that are gritty and skilled adding some more 4th liners isn't what this team needs we have 3 physical 4th liners.

My point is we aren't a tough guy away from being great we are a Lucic or a Malkin type of player away good luck getting one. This team would have won 2 of the games it lost so far if it hadn't been for Kipper so I think what we really need is some ****ing goaltending. Pitts only had Cooke and Kunitz when they won the cup Detroit never has tough guys and they are always a very good team we don't need tough guys.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote