View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Northern Neighbour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
You gave an example of 1 team that is physical and is doing well so far, almost all teams that are successful with grit players have players that are gritty and skilled adding some more 4th liners isn't what this team needs we have 3 physical 4th liners.

My point is we aren't a tough guy away from being great we are a Lucic or a Malkin type of player away good luck getting one. This team would have won 2 of the games it lost so far if it hadn't been for Kipper so I think what we really need is some ****ing goaltending. Pitts only had Cooke and Kunitz when they won the cup Detroit never has tough guys and they are always a very good team we don't need tough guys.
Oh yeah, actually, I gave you more than one example - I gave you several. And when you look at that Penguins team that won the Cup, they didn't have a lot of players that were skilled and gritty. Actually, that team had more grit than overall skill.

The Bruins and Kings won the Cup because they were big and physical up and down their lineup. They had some skilled players, but they wore down Vancouver and New Jersey, respectively. You name Lucic, but he wasn't the only one. The Bruins' third line that year of Kelly, Peverley, and Paille were very instrumental in the Bruins' Cup run.

Obviously, it would be great to have such teams. I just wished that Feaster would have tried to create more balance on the team. It was clear that the team needed more skill, but I think he went too far and completely neglected the importance of toughness and grit. It's a little surprising since Feaster put together a well-balanced team in Tampa Bay as he complemented Lecavalier, Richards, St. Louis, and Boyle with players like Fedotenko, Modin, Andreychuk, Taylor, Lukowich, Sarich, Kubina, Cullimore, Pratt, and Andre Roy. At the very least, he could have added more toughness on the backend.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote