View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 12:56 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to think coaching is a problem. Tortarella's system has them playing on their heels way too much. Sure, it doesn't help that they're out of shape, but it seems like they just have no drive because they're told to play this ****ing garbage 6-goalie **** that he employs them to play. Same system in place for the previous 3 and a half seasons and it hasn't done jack **** for us in the GF column.

I think it might be time to start looking at new coaching. At least get rid of Sullivan, god is our power play awful. Stagnant, no movement, no creativity, passing is awful, no one-timers.

Aside from that, the apparent lack of depth on this team is overwhelming. The defense hasn't played up to par and the forwards aren't helping out as much on the backcheck. The last time I've seen Ranger teams let this many players in behind the defense and lack of forechecking like this would be in the dark ages.

Maybe them missing the playoffs would be a gigantic wakeup call to Sather to start ****ing doing something in other areas for this team.
Sadly, I like Torts but I agree. This passive, gritty, defense shot blocking system wears out the team and top players.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote