View Single Post
02-01-2013, 12:00 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
i thought the 3 best forwards over the first 4 games were laughton, simmonds and wellwood. i understand sending laughton down because of development and cap management but i don't understandunderstand the wellwood demotion. especially after the rangers game, he pretty much dominated in that game. playing with sestito and shelley that line managed to play in the o zone during the majority of their time on the ice. he seamed to fill his role great.
Pretty much agreed. Every game he played, he stood out and in a good way. No defensive blunders and some good both forechecking and backchecking. Beating guys to the puck with his speed is also not something to be just discarded without additional thought, especially on a team that isn't really that fast to begin with. I'm not saying he was spectacular (except for one game, I forget who it was against) and I'm also not saying he should be put in a prime scoring role. But third and fourth lines are perfectly suitable for him, and I don't think there are options on the team that are clearly better than him for that role. From the middling gang that we have playing there (Talbot, Fedotenko, Rinaldo, Sestito, Knuble), I really don't see how he gets sent down to the AHL.

Ryker is online now   Reply With Quote