View Single Post
Old
12-15-2003, 04:32 PM
mrs9x

vCash: 500
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
Nothing is clear from this weekend other than the Flyers and Devils are both good hockey clubs and very competitive. Nobody's fans have an inferiority complex like those in Philadelphia. Esche and Hackett have been great this year, and one bad weekend (actually, one braincramp on Neidermeyer's goal and one bad goal to Elias) isn't a reason to divert from the course and start making wholesale changes.

Someday the lamb will lie down with the lion (although he'll keep one eye open), and Flyer fans will stop living and dying with every single game.

Hexy isn't retired. He's the Flyers' Director of Hockey Personnel.
I'm not saying that wholesale changes need to be made, but if we could get Kolzig for something like Woywitka and a 3rd, I would seriously think about it. Kolzig can win us playoff series, but I'm not sure Hackett or Esche can. Esche is better, maybe we should just give him more starts and let him be the #1 guy.

But if Kolzig can be had for cheap around the trade deadline, I'd bite. It will be interesting, especially if the Caps are not in playoff contention.