Thread: Post-Game Talk: Hire a PP "Consultant"
View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 01:11 AM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post

You want to know what the problem is? It's not even a coaching issue. It doesn't matter who comes in. This team wasn't built to score. Our entire blue line is horrific offensively. Del Zotto is decent. Everyone else is bad offensively. If you think anyone else is good, your standards have been lowered from seeing such poor play for so long.

Also this team flubs passes regularly. Then you watch a team like Pittsburgh and it's like they have puck magnets built into their sticks. We're a wanna be offense compared to them.

And ALSO if you want to know why our power play sucks here's the two primary reasons:
1.) They don't work the offensive zone as much as they should. Tonight they even stood completely still. Embarassing.
2.) Teams know how to defend us because as a team they know we blow hard at passing so they simply rush the puck carrier and generally this causes a turnover.

Literally the only thing that could help our offense/PP would be to get a shot from the point for either deflection or rebound goals because this team is too offensively ******** to do anything with real skill consistently.
I was complaining earlier about how I never see other teams flub passes and handling the way we do like Gabs did on that little 5 foot pass during the PP in the 3rd (I tink the 3rd).

But really this whole post is great. To be fair we never ever work the puck to the points in a meaningful way> I think Richards set up a sneaking in Girardi on the PP once last year and this year Nash has been using his D liberally but I've never seen anyone use the D that much and it likely stunted Staa'ls offensive growth. McD is still young and Girardi simply doesn't have good O ability. I think our biggest flaw on D is inability to get pucks to the net

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote