View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 12:48 AM
McCupofOil
McJesus Has Risen!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
In regards to RNH, I'm shocked at the biased opinions on this board.

1) He's our best shutdown center. There, I said it. He's been facing the opposition's top line every game this year, and with the exception of that 1st game vs SJS has come out on top. He's not cherry-picking like Ebs/Hall are up the ice, and it's reducing the amount of time we're seeing him in the offensive zone. It's a trade-off I'll take considering it's keeping that 2nd line off the ice versus more dangerous opposition

2) Remember when Taylor Hall started last year with 6 points in 13 games and everyone was defending him? Nuge has 5 points in 7 and we're giving him so much flack? Better yet, he's actually winning every head-to-head 60-minute match-up he's playing in every game.
Agreed. Nuge looks just fine. People need to watch him closely instead of just looking for flashy plays, he has been excellent defensively, is improving on faceoffs and is making very nice, subtle plays in the offensive zone. He's not up to his usual standards with his scoring touch but he is playing a good, overall game. People need to remember that he's still a kid in the development stage and he's holding his own against some heavyweights, that's a big positive going forward.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote