View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Wellwood was a ****ing stud for us in the shootout, but he did play on the third line (worse defensively than the Sedins though). I was thinking a fourth liner playing less than 10 minutes a night. Occasionally people put in designated fighters for anticipated games, it's not too far of a stretch to think that teams might do it for the shootout. Jeff Tambellini is a better example, played fourth line here (deservingly though) but a huge + about him was that he was a very good shootout guy
It's interesting how top offensive stars seem to fail time and time again in a shootout scenario. Heck, it shouldn't even be an event at the All-Star Game.

I always thought that Ryan Jones would be an ideal candidate for shootouts on the Oilers because he's money on breakaways but I don't think that he's had a single shootout attempt since joining the team. Some guys just thrive on the adrenaline that a sudden breakaway provides. A guy like Handzus is calm and cool and just cruises in. No finesse at all and shelves it.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote