View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 01:32 AM
tfong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
The Flames are an organization of extremes. If the offensive is going, the defense is no where to be found. Such was life under Keenan, and now Hartley. On the flip side, if the defense was exemplary, the offense was no where to be found. Darryl and Brent Sutter led the charge down that road.

Either there's too much skill and not enough hard nosed guys or there's 17 grinders and Iginla. If the team can score, Kipper can't make a save. If Kipper's playing out of his mind, the team can't buy a goal. Granted, there's an obviously strong correlation between stingy defensive systems and goalies having terrific stats versus run-and-gun offensive teams and goalies having sub 0.900 save percentage. The Flames' problem is that they can't find a balance between the two.

Personally, I don't see a place for Cammalleri long term. Move him for a big body; someone who can win board battles and isn't afraid to going to the net and looking for rebounds.
I think our defense is fine actually. Its Kipper not doing great. I'd say we have a good balance now. Low shot totals against especially but Kipper just not stopping the shots he needs to stop.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote