View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 02:34 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
First of all desharnais isn't young he's 26. Why is it so urgent to scratch desharnais? The same reason we scratched eller to do what you say 'create conditions to make him produce' eller was scratched to give galchenyuk a shot at producing at the centre position and he has so you can't scratch him. On the other hand Desharnais has had multiple opportunities to showcase himself but he hasn't. Desharnais hasn't had a single good game let alone one good period, so don't tell me we should give desharnais more opportunities to succeed he's had plenty while eller is forced to play in a position he isn't comfortable in.

Give eller six games in the same position desharnais is in and we shall see who plays better, enough with the hypotheticals I want to see what eller can do in a top six centre role with pp. To be honest I don't even care if desharnais is scratched or not he could play on Eller's wing for all I care, I only suggested it because desharnais hasn't played well and I think that's the easiest fastest way to send a message to a player.

All I'm trying to say is give eller a chance in his natural position.
So your solution is : replace a player who doesn't play well by one who plays even worse and who hasn't shown as much at the NHL level (or at any other level anyway). This is not coaching. This is favoritism. What kind of message would it send to the dressing room?

You give a top 2 center spot to Eller when he shows he deserves it. DD got there because he showed he belonged there. Now it's his to lose, and Galchenyuk is much more of a threat to his job than Eller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
As for whether or not DD is putting enough effort is questionable but his play is definitely lacking and you shouldn't have to make excuses for a player who isn't helping the team win...
...says the guy who makes an excuse for Eller for not showing more grit, passion and creativity, because he has to play on the wing (on the 1st line), which is not his natural position... There should be no excuse for Eller either. Therrien also gives him a nice opportunity to produce on the first line. I hope he takes it and shows all he has in him.

Last edited by DDs not undersized: 02-01-2013 at 02:40 AM.