View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 02:37 AM
GusTheo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
I've stated my disagreements earlier in this thread with Snow's picks the past couple years and do agree with the poster that you quoted. But I do agree that these are kids and I could be proven wrong and will GLADLY eat crow if Strome ends up better then Couterier and Nino has a better career than Fowler. I'm just as happy as anyone else that our farm system is so stacked, I just have had a few disagreements with the moves... Doesn't mean I'm not going to cheer my ass off for Strome or who ever.

-I know you were just using him as an example but if I remember correctly I was high on Tarasenko but the only reason he fell so much was because he was signed in the KHL.
And Garth has had such a good experience with the KHL so far.

It's still VERY early to draw conclusions on those drafts. Guys like Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin have really spoiled us. We expect these 18 year old kids to come in and just dominate the NHL. It's not SUPPOSED to be like that, kids are usually supposed to be in some sort of minor league system, developing their games while they finish maturing physically.

There is plenty of time for guys like Nino, Strome and De Haan to make an impact for the Islanders.

GusTheo is offline   Reply With Quote