Thread: OT: Luke Schenn
View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 03:13 AM
Beaninfritz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
I think Schenn is much better insulated in Philly than he ever was here. I also believe Schenn and Dion didn't see eye to eye.

JVR is doing better here, because he's being treated like a true top 6 forward that he is.
That's the big difference. He's given the ice time here. It was difficult for him in Philly due to injuries, then sliding down to the third line, because Philly had a lot of talent up front. It was a similar scenario to that of Lupul in Anaheim. Top 6 forward with good potential, bad luck with injuries, moved down to the third line because of Anaheim's depth up front. His first (third of a) season with the leafs, he started to get his game back. Next season, PPG player.

I'm not going to say JVR is going to be a PPG this season, or any season after. Too early to tell. But it's not too far-fetched to see him ending up somewhere around 0.80-0.90 PPG if his game keeps going the way its going.

I just can't stop going back to that game against Pittsburgh. That wrist shot he fired over Fleury's glove made me so giddy.

Beaninfritz is offline   Reply With Quote