View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 03:29 AM
les Habs

vCash: 500
Monreal is a quality left back. Played well against us in that 3-1 win over Malaga a week or two back. He's had a good La Liga career. From what I've seen he's well rounded, solid at the back and definitely capable getting forward. I think he'll fit in well at Arsenal. Not a bad price either.

Of course Arsenal could/should have spent more this window. Wenger for me is a great manager, but he just sits back way too much when it comes to transfers. Now to an extent I can see where he's coming from this window. They're only 4 points off the CL place while Newcastle is 4 points from the drop zone, and I know before the latest matches Newcastle was even closer to the drop zone. So I can see where Wenger is coming from, but had he gone after the likes of M'biwa or M'Vila, assuming they're as good as advertised (at least the former anyway as the latter looks good), then he's still improving the team and adding quality depth.

Don't know if I said a few days back or not, but is it me or shouldn't Coutinho be 24 by now? Feel like the kid has been around forever.