View Single Post
Old
12-15-2003, 04:46 PM
BrindA17

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
Last year, a main complaint about the Flyers' defense was that they could not keep up with the small, speedy forwards of the Ottawa Senators.

Gagne-Comrie-Williams....

SSPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDD! These guys can all FLY!

How will they get banged around if they cannot be caught? Yes, I know they'll get hit, but all small guys get hit and not all have serious injury problems. Nor do all small guys have trouble playing their game. Sakic, Fleury, Recchi, Bure, etc are all small guys who have had very good careers. The only guy here who had a lot of problems with injuries was Bure.

I'm all for getting Comrie, but Clarke is too much of a bonehead. He already insulted Comrie's size. So even if Clarke changed his mind, Comrie might not even want to come here.

In the unlikely situation that a deal were to occur, I'd move Handzus for Comrie in 2 seconds. I'd also move Primeau for Comrie, but Primeau's salary makes him less enticing for the Oilers.

A bit off-topic, but a lot of these Flyers just cannot cut it. A 2-0 loss is sure not Hackett's fault. And don't give me that CRAP about bad goals killing a team's morale, because the GREAT teams battle through it and make up for it. How do you expect to win without scoring? It makes no sense, yet the goalie always gets the blame for the offensive short-comings. There's only 1 forward on this team who is a big-time playoff performer, and that's Mark Recchi (young players are excused for inexperience).

Stu Barnes, Claude Lemieux, Rod Brind'Amour, Chris Drury, Steve Thomas, and even Daymond Langkow is a playoff performer. Most of these guys are also very attainable. The saddest part is, we had two of these guys and traded them away. We're stuck with a bunch of playoff-no-shows right now.

Last edited by BrindA17: 12-15-2003 at 04:56 PM.