View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 08:20 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg4167 View Post
Just some observations from the game last night...

I am already hearing some media talk about how the Sabres physically overmatched the Bruins and that's why they won...wrong!!!

First off, the Scott fight had very little to do with the outcome of that game last night, other than the fact that it forced Thorny out of the lineup. The fight happened, and after that time, the Bruins still went up 3-1. Lucic had a stellar chance to put that game away, and then right after that the 5-3 occurred and the game changed from there. The fight wasn't the momentum builder that people are making it out to be.

Furthermore, the Bruins dominated on the forecheck, especially the Krejci line. One of the positives to take out of that game is that our patience, spacing and puck movement in the O-zone was very good, and our physicality on the forecheck is what created a lot of our chances.

That being said, it was the skill of Buffalo, not their physicality that won the game for them. We could not contain them on the rush, plain and simple. Buffalo did not establish much in the O zone with their forecheck, so it's not like they physically dominated the Bruin's D.

It was really a series of bad mental mistakes that led to chances, and Buffalo was able to finish.

On the other end, we had two stellar chances to tie that game late (Chara and Bergy) and Miller made amazing saves on both opportunities.

This is a loss they will learn from and it will help them get better in the long run. The next game against Buffalo should be something.
Great post and totally agree, though I think that Scott/Thornton fight did give the Sabres momentum in the first period.

Offensive zone work was good. Neutral zone and defensive zone work was abysmal. I love the captain, but he was the worst player on the ice last night.

Miller was great when he needed to be.

A true fan who will always be remembered.