View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I'm not going to bash Torts. I'm not going to say that this is a bad team.

What I am going to say is that it doesn't appear to be a team suited for a Torts style of coaching.

I don't believe for one second that we are getting the most out of guys like Gaborik and Nash when we have them dump and chase. Work the walls and try to generate offence from behind the net.

I will bash whoever is running the PP and the guy that decides on the personel used for the PP because if the coaches are asking one thing and the players are doing another, then those players need to never see PP time again. HOWEVER, if the players are doing what the coaches WANT, then that guy needs to go as he has no idea how to run a PP.

I think the Rangers have a very good team. But I think the players that are here are better under a different approach.

It's only 7 games in I know. But the issues that plagued us last year are still evident and worse is that we have yet to see this team put forth a complete effort against decent team.

In this shortened season, you can't take 20% of the season to get right. By then, you could be on the outside looking in with a BIG hill to climb in a veyr short period of time.

Not liking what I have seen so far.
Wait, what? The Nash-Richards-Gaborik line has been creative and successful to start the season. Last night was the first game they weren't very noticeable.

If you're implying that Torts' system is not suited for them, then the logical result is that it should work for the rest of the roster - and its not - they are playing far, far worse. Seems to me you're taking a cheap shot at the coach over the fact that his players are simply not playing well (besides the one line you strangely picked as an example).

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote