02-01-2013, 08:04 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
26 years old
$12M/3 years
Reg. Season: 2.29 GAA, 0.926 SV%
Playoffs: 1.91 GAA, 0.940 SV%

...says you're wrong, homie.

If Schneider was to be traded, immediately after the 2012 playoffs would have yielded a king's ransom.

And I believe Luongo is still the better goalie and that Cory will have an inferior career.
i think even the biggest proponent of moving loungo would agree that lou will almost certainly have the better career when everything is said and done.

pretty much the only deterrent on loungo from any team is his contract. people can say all they want that he didnt get it done in the playoffs but there are many players who you can say the same thing about all of which people would want on their team instantly (big joe as an example).

in the end i believe that schneider will be traded. i think his age + contract make him easier to move and will net a better return due to the diminished value of loungo as a result of his contract.

as an example if vancouver was able to move schneider to chicago for patrick sharp and keep loungo in net id say they would be in better shape then moving loungo for a lesser type of player.

i also believe loungo would play better if he didnt have the added pressure of losing his job to schneider.