View Single Post
02-01-2013, 08:11 AM
vCash: 500
Depres is showing tons of potential out there. Sure, he is making brutal mistakes in every game, but he is also making incredible plays that offset those mistakes. It is all about being a NET POSITIVE. His recent physical game is what is keeping him in the lineup and he seems to be getting better every game. I can't wait to see where he is at towards the end of the season. There is no way you trade this guy at this point. He has made a believer out of me (who was a big skeptic against him).

I still can't believe that Depres has been scoring at a higher rate than any other Penguin this year at 5v5:

This will come back down, but it hints at his potential as a solid offensive contributor. He's also leading the team in Corsi as well, which shows his production is probably not a fluke and can be maintained to some extent. He still has a lot to credit to give to Letang (who is probably driving most of these stats for him), but Simon has been solid in his opportunities.

Even if these numbers regress (they will), he is still showing to be capable of driving the play and hopefully a top 4 defender in the near future.

wgknestrick is offline   Reply With Quote