View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Nanabijou
Drop the puck

vCash: 500
Good post DSL.

With only 24 home games, the Jackets are probably just going to try to get through this year with as little financial bleeding as possible. My guess is that the ticket deals are just going to keep on coming, hoping to make some money on concessions to stay afloat.

Season ticket sales next year are likely going to be scary low. I think McConnell is banking on the fact that we can hopefully gain some traction and momentum next year even though the Jackets are going to hemorrhage money. He's hoping there will be some evidence that the Jackets are back on the upswing that the fans can cling to. I fear that there could be record low attendance all next year while we wait to see if that's true or not.

Their best hope is to nail this year's draft, pray that at least some of our young players develop to their potential, get some of the underperforming contracts off the books, and get the All Star Game back in 2015. If all these stars align, the Jackets have a chance to start crawling back financially in 2014-2015. It's going to be tough sailing unless players like Cam and Johan can join JJ in igniting the fan base as marketable stars.

Maybe the Jackets owners and front office know something we don't, but I'd have a hard time sleeping at night if I owned this team right now.