View Single Post
02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Wait, what? The Nash-Richards-Gaborik line has been creative and successful to start the season. Last night was the first game they weren't very noticeable.

If you're implying that Torts' system is not suited for them, then the logical result is that it should work for the rest of the roster - and its not - they are playing far, far worse. Seems to me you're taking a cheap shot at the coach over the fact that his players are simply not playing well (besides the one line you strangely picked as an example).
What I mean is that these are not guys that should be playing the game with their backs to the net. Fighting for pucks along the wall and behind the net.

These are players that should be looking to skate and generate offence in front of the goalie.

The dump and chase style of grinding it out is not suited for these players and because they happen to be our best players, it's under any system that they will be the guys that generate points, but aside from the Boston and Toronto games, they have been less than they should be.

Nash has 1 goal and 5 assists on the season. His lone goal coming in garbage time against Pitt in a 6-3 loss.

Richards has half his points in the Boston OT win and the Toronto game.

Gaborik has all 5 goals and 7 of his 8 points in the Boston and Toronto games. 1 assist in the other 5 games played.

They have not been good, the team has not been good.

It's my opinion that the team as structured is a good team. I do not believe that they are structured to play a Torts styled system.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote