View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Bri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Color me impressed...I thought Shawn would do much better...I'm not going to be shocked that a 6-8 270 lb guy effed up a 6-1 200 lb guy though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Even Probert lost fights, it happens. The consequences of not tying up his right hand off the bat are magnified when you're giving up 7 inches and 40 pounds. He's capable of going up against anybody in the league but when he loses to a Boogaard, an Orr, a Scott, he's going to look completely overmatched.
Agree with both of you. The biggest problem Shawn had was that he didn't get a hold of Scott's sleeve/arm. If he had managed to do that, it's a different fight. I think most of us saw what Colton Orr did to Scott. There's no reason to think that Thornton couldn't do similarly. Credit to Scott, he won the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Have you ever seen MacDermid fight? He would get murdered by Scott. Thornton did exactly what he needed to do, he just didn't fare real well.
Agreed. MacDermid has a ton of heart, but he's at a huge disadvantage against Scott.

And look, I think the Bruins are fine. Thorty lost a fight, it happens. What they don't want to do is overreact and somehow believe they suddenly aren't tough because Shawn lost a fight. They have plenty of toughness. Let Buffalo overreact and waste a roster spot.

Our problem last night was not losing a fight it was team defense. I'll give Chara a pass, but that was probably his worst game ever in a Bruins uniform. If the Bruins defensive game last night was a close approximation of their average defensive effort, they win that game. That's something Claude can fix.