View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 08:57 AM
fizban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
To all the folks who didn't think Tangradi got a fair shot:

Say it with me... 0 goals in 39 games. Z-e-r-o.

The numbers don't lie.

For me, it's impossible to justify putting Tangradi into the lineup when he is producing nothing offensively and he lacks intangibles. That pretty much means he isn't a top-6 guy and he isn't really suited for a 3rd/4th line role.

Aka - the AHL is probably the best place for him right now.
Agreed.

If you watch Eric, he has no idea what the hell he's doing out there. He doesn't know where he's supposed to be and in the rare event he does, he doesn't seem to know what he's supposed to do when he gets there.

He's playing like a guy who is trying to do everything, but isn't fast or skilled enough to keep up with the pace of play, so winds up doing nothing. He really needs to just commit himself to a few things and try to do them right... then he might find some success.

Until he gets to the point where he chooses a path and sticks with it, it's almost impossible to tell for sure whether or not he's a bust. He could very easily be traded or waived, then turn into a stud with the proper coaching on another team elsewhere.

He's not ready for the NHL though and I think the same issues identified above are even showing at the AHL level. There's no question he has the talent though, so is he just not getting the proper coaching? Or does he just not give a ****? It could be that he's just stupid. I don't know.

fizban is offline   Reply With Quote