View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Sad to see that our coach cost us a point.
good to see you hate the coach no matter what.
it's the shootout. ship happens.

I prefer to look at the fact the Oilers played to the level of their opponent, which in this case was a good thing.
They played very well, came back from a 2-0 deficit (with the coach you shake your head at taking a good timeout) and had quite a few chances to win the game.
besides, you're blaming coach K, and I don't think he is even the guy that decides the shootout participants. didn't he delegate that to chabot?

i'm looking at it as the Oilers stealing a point from what is one of the best teams in the league right now.
they could have had twow, but the Oilers played very well. I especially thought Hall had an extra gear tonight.

heck 9 points in 7 games for the team? I'll take that for the rest of the year and be happy about it.

my only negative is Whitney. I thought he was useless and right now, he's the weakest link on defense. with him on the ice in the last two minutes, I thought for sur ethe Oilers were going to lose in regulaiton, and it did almost happen on his shift.

I like the guy, but I think he's done.

but overall, considering I can be more of a debbie downer when it comes to the Oilers, there are way too many positives this game to get in a snit about a coin toss shootout.

Gagner is never a bad choice. he is playing very well and is a good player in the shootout. RNH? why not. The Oilers already stole a point. why not show some confidence in one of your best and most talented players and maybe give him a kickstart. I like the idea of helping a guy though his struggles for this team.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote