View Single Post
Old
02-01-2013, 10:17 AM
alkurtz

vCash: 500
Well, might as well chime in like everyone else.

Two things that concern me most are:

1.- Lack of speed at the center position. This is a speed league first and foremost. Richards has lost a step and was never fast even in his prime, Stepan has only average speed and hasn't seemed to improve his first step or quickness as some average skaters seem to do, Boyle is less than an average skater in terms of speed. This is hurting us bringing the puck up the ice, crossing the red line, and penetrating the other team's end. Our center ice men can't back other teams up with speed thus creating rooms for their wingers to put themselves into scoring positions. No help is coming here and it is a problem without a solution. Though both AA and Dubi were frustrating and maddeningly inconsistent they were both better than average skaters, maybe not speed burners, but better than average and could carry the puck. They're gone and though you could not say no to the Nash trade, not having these two guys hurts.

2. Lack of physical intensity. We are a finesse team in league where physical play ramps up the emotional level of a team. Our compete level is to low. We don't have a crash bang, energy 4th line. Again, we miss Dubi. We miss Prust though I would not have resigned him for what he was asking. Hell, we miss Avery.

I'm not a Torts fan and much prefer a Renney type of coach. But you can't deny that he has done a great job that last few years. If you have a coach you believe it, who has had success, who is organized and has a plan, you can't think of getting rid of him when things go bad. Teams fire coaches to quickly. Torts deserves a break, even from fans like me who don't particularly care for him

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote